If you are an adventure seeker heading to Puerto Vallarta over the summer months, don’t miss your opportunity to experience the breathtaking canopy zip line tours where you will soar above the lush tropical jungle and really experience what it is like to fly!
If you are a guest staying at Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa or Hotel Mousai, you will have easy access to the best Puerto Vallarta canopy tours available in Puerto Vallarta. Gather your friends and family members and prepare to face your fears as you enjoy the thrill of an action-packed zip line tour. The heart pumping adrenaline you will feel as you race down a zip line up to 1,200 meters flying at speeds of up to 100 kilometers per hour, will make you stop and think, this is what it is to be alive!
Ever since the pandemic hit, the tour operators have adopted the necessary international safety guidelines and protocols including: temperature checks, placing hand sanitizing gel at all the entrances, the use of mandatory face masks, reducing capacity and maintaining social distancing.
There are several reputable tour operators in the area with excellent canopy tours to choose from:
Outdoor Zip Line Adventure: Vallarta Adventures
This is one of the best canopy tours in Puerto Vallarta, which also includes riding in 4×4 Unimog all-terrain trucks, riding a mule up a mountain, rappelling down waterfalls, flying through the rainforest on 9 zip lines including a new Roller Coaster zip line! You will enjoy the sensation of being on a roller coaster suspended by cables from the trees! You will not want to miss this unparalleled treetop adventure! The tour lasts 6 and a half hours and you will be accompanied by bilingual expert guides.
Know before you book:
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- Minimum height: 4 ft (1.20 m)
- Maximum weight: 260 lbs. (118Kg)
- For safety reasons expecting mothers, persons with back or neck, heart, balance or/and dizziness conditions are restricted
- Must be physically fit
River Expedition – Canopy River
Explore an area of unspoiled tropical forest where scenic beauty and rich ecological habitats create a true tropical paradise. Fly 200m above the river among the treetops on 6 zip lines, rappel down a natural wall 27 meters high, and free rappel like Tarzan. Enjoy rafting down the river on an inflatable raft ending with a majestic mule ride up the mountain, and quite possibly some tequila! The tour lasts 2 and a half hours and includes bilingual professional guides.
Know before you book:
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Minimum height: 4.3 ft (1.30 m)
- Maximum weight: 220 lbs. (100 Kg)
- Wear Light clothing and comfortable shoes.
- Bring Insect repellent.
- Cameras are not allowed for safety reasons.
- Bring a change of clothes, towel and extra shoes.
- Pregnant women cannot participate in the tours for safety reasons.
- Moderate activity level
Canopy Tour – Los Veranos
The scenery at Los Veranos is breathtaking as you fly over the jungle foliage and the river gorge below on 15 of the longest, highest and fastest zip lines. As you continue your ziplining journey the lines get longer and faster. On the Black Diamond zip line you will soar 500 ft. over the trees and at speeds up to 30 mph. After ziplining, you have the option to cool off in the river or visit the animal sanctuary where you can spot iguanas, turtles and reptiles, exotic toucans, and colorful fish. The tour lasts 3 and a half hours and fun and playful bilingual guides will make those hours unforgettable.
Know before you book:
- Minimum age: 5 years old
- Minimum height: 3.5 ft (1 m)
- Maximum weight: 285 lbs. (129 Kg)
- Bring a swimsuit if you would like to splash into the refreshing river from a waterslide
- Pregnant women, anyone with a heart condition, chronic back pain or shoulder problems are restricted from the canopy tour for safety reasons
- Moderate Activity level includes steps and a 10-minute walk on a groomed dirt trail with an incline.
These are just a few of the amazing canopy excursions that beautiful Puerto Vallarta has to offer. If you have more questions or need help booking a tour, stop by Exclusive Adventures, an onsite travel agency at Garza Blanca Resort & Spa, located right next to the Residence Club sales room.
We hope that these suggestions help you to create spectacular vacation memories that you will never forget! Many exciting possibilities await you in Puerto Vallarta!