The holidays are an ideal time to get away with your loved ones and enjoy warm weather, cool ocean breezes, leisure time at the beach and luxury accommodations at your home away from home. Since the holidays are peak season, you can improve your chances of securing a reservation by booking ahead. The Garza Blanca Residence Club booking system works on a first come, first served basis, so the earlier you book, the more likely it is you will have your dream holiday vacation in paradise.
The holiday weeks have a higher point value than other weeks in the year, so upgrading your membership increases your chances even further. The smaller units are the most economical, and therefore the most popular. When you have enough points to cover a larger unit, there is more availability and you will generally find it easier to make a reservation during peak times. The more points you have, the more options you have.
There are a number of requirements that must be met to be able to book holiday time using your Garza Blanca Residence Club membership. We often get members asking us to explain how to book the holiday weeks and when they are, so here is a quick overview, which we hope you will find useful.
The Holiday Weeks
Keep in mind that the number of club points required to stay at any of the resorts offered by your membership during the holiday weeks is higher than at other times of the year.
What are the Holiday Weeks?
The Holiday Season refers to 6 weeks of the year:
- American President week (week containing the third Monday in February)
- Two Weeks in Easter (which might be in March or April, depending on when Easter falls each year)
- Thanksgiving week (in November)
- Christmas week (the week that includes December 24/25)
- New Year´s week (the week that includes December 31)
Holiday Week Requirements
- Only reservations for full weeks are permitted (Saturday to Saturday, or Sunday to Sunday), and cannot be broken into shorter stays.
- To use these weeks, you need to be able to cover your whole stay using your club points. You should check the points chart to see how many points you will need depending on the type of unit you wish to stay in.
- You may use Club Time ($1 USD per point) 60 days prior to your arrival if you do not have enough points to cover your stay.
- You cannot use Accelerated, Banked or Borrowed Points to book these weeks. This is intended to give preference to those members who have specifically purchased enough points to be able to cover the holiday weeks.
If you intend to use your membership for the holiday weeks, increase your chances by booking as early as you can. We hope to see you at one of our luxury resorts during the holiday season and wish you a wonderful festive getaway!
If you would like more information about booking your holiday time or upgrading your membership, please contact us at 1 866 668 9261.