As a guest of Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa in Puerto Vallarta, you are sure to experience incredible moments that you will never forget.
The awe-inspiring natural surroundings and the sparkling waters of Banderas Bay are the perfect setting for an amazing outdoor adventure.
Every morning at 8am guests are invited to participate in a complimentary kayak and snorkeling tour to Los Arcos National Marine Park. This protected marine preserve is made up of several granite rock formations and is a popular snorkeling spot. If you are up for an adventure on and under the water around this iconic landmark, please arrive at the beach at 7:45 am to receive your safety instructions, snorkel equipment and sign a waiver.
The distance from Garza Blanca Beach to Los Arcos is 2.5 miles and it takes 30 – 45 minutes to kayak there depending on the sea conditions. Snorkeling will last for 30 minutes and the overall tour takes 2 to 2.5 hours. Please note, this activity is active and can be physically strenuous.
We have one and two-person kayaks. Tandem kayaking is a terrific way to explore the breathtaking coastline on Puerto Vallarta’s south shore and for you and your travel companion to have a fun adventure for two. Kayaking also has several health benefits such as improving coordination, increasing upper body strength and boosting cardiovascular health.
During your snorkel tour, you will encounter abundant marine life and are likely to spot: puffer fish, trumpet fish, mahi mahi, manta rays, and quite possibly sea turtles.
A few things to note:
- This activity is physically strenuous and for safety reasons pregnant women are restricted from participating
- Guests must cover the cost of borrowed equipment that is damaged or lost.
- Minimum age for kayaking is 12 years and minors must be accompanied by an adult (parent or guardian) at all times.
- Kayaking is a physically strenuous activity and guests must be in a good physical condition to participate. Not suitable for guests with asthma, breathing problems or heart conditions.
- Guests must be able to swim and wear a life jacket at all times regardless of swimming ability.
- Weight limit per kayak (160KG or 352 LBS.).
- The tour may be cancelled in cases of bad weather conditions.
The kayak and snorkel activity is a great way to start the day. Our activities team is prepared to take you on a new and fun adventure and the best thing of all is that it has no additional cost. Register at the Concierge desk or call extension 3002/5604/ or 5608 to reserve.