Nothing is more important to us than the health, safety, and well-being of our members. Some of you started vacationing with us more than 30 years ago, and we have been your trusted partners in travel ever since. Therefore, we feel it’s important to give you some tips to help you during these stressful times.
Over the past few weeks there has been an increase in anxiety and fear around the world with new developments of COVID-19 being reported every day. Stress has been shown to negatively impact our health.
Signs of stress include:
- Fear and worry about your health and the health of your loved ones.
- Changes in sleeping or eating patterns.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Worsening of chronic health problems.
- Increased use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs.
Our mental health is important and it affects how we think, feel, and act. It also determines how we handle stress.
Here are some ways that you can help yourself and others take care of their mental health:
- Check-in on your friends and loved ones while still practicing social distancing (FaceTime/video chat, texting, private messaging, social media, phone calls).
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories. Constant exposure to the news can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body. Eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, take deep breaths, practice yoga, meditate, and give yourself enough time to rest.
- Plan “you time”. Devote time to things you enjoy such as reading, painting or playing musical instruments.
- Stay connected. Share your feelings and concerns with the people you trust.
- Call your healthcare provider if stress starts to impact your daily activities for several consecutive days.
Help encourage others to do the same so that they also remain healthy and safe during these troubling times.
Remember that you are more than members, you are part of our family. Please know that we are thinking of you and wishing you well, as always!